Thompson Brand Partners Limited (“We”, “Us” or “Thompson”), The Old Stables, Springwood Gardens, Leeds LS8 2QB, Company registration number: 3745303
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) the Data Controller is Thompson Brand Partners Ltd, trading as Thompson.
Your personal information
Information we collect from you
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- When you visit our Site, your IP address and web browser are aggregated with those of our other visitors. We do not attempt to extract personal information about any particular user from this aggregated data.
- If you use the Contact feature, including general enquiries or a Careers application, we may require the following information from you: name, job title, company, email, phone, city, country, company website (optional), how you heard about Thompson, and more information about your enquiry.
- Do Not Track Signals: Some mobile and web browsers transmit "do-not-track" signals. Because at this time, there is no general agreement on how companies should interpret do-not-track signals, we do not currently respond to do-not-track signals, whether a signal is received on a computer or on a mobile device.
Third-party applications and websites
Users may find content on our Site that links to the sites and services of our partners, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites, and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Uses made of your information
Lawful basis for processing
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which We collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the optimal functioning of our Site and the security of and ease of use by our visitors.
Use of personal information
We use personal information collected for the following purposes:
- Security. If you contact us, we use your name and email address to securely confirm your identity.
- Processing Transactions and Requests. We use your personal information to process your enquiries and requests and communicate with you regarding the status of your enquiries and requests. We may communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, and/or text message. You will have the right to unsubscribe from Our notification services at any time by contacting email@example.com and asking to be deleted from our mailing and telephone lists. You may also click on the “unsubscribe” link in our emails or respond with “STOP” to a text message.
- Improving our Site. We may use your personal information, such as visiting history, to enhance the services we provide and to personalise your experience with Us. We use your IP address and browser information (aggregated with other users) to improve our Site and better understand and serve our visitors.
- Providing Information. We may deliver information that is targeted to your interests and communications relevant to your use of the Site. By accepting our website policies, you expressly agree to receive this information. You may make changes to your email notification preferences at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and asking to be deleted from our mailing lists. You may also opt-out of these communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” button contained in the communication or typing “STOP” in response to a text message.
- Using Service Providers. We may use third parties that We refer to as internal service providers to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of the business, product, and service operations that We provide to you (e.g., search technology, email delivery), and therefore we may provide some of your personal information directly to these internal service providers who follow industry-standard security policies and are obliged to keep your information confidential.
- Analytics. We use the services of site analytics providers to analyse traffic and usage on the Site. In the course of providing services, such companies may have access to users’ IP addresses on an aggregated basis. We do not make any effort to match IP addresses with other personal information.
- Law Enforcement. We cooperate with law enforcement enquiries, as well as other third parties to enforce laws, such as intellectual property rights, fraud, and other rights, to help protect you and Us. Therefore, in response to a genuine request by law enforcement or other government officials relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, We can disclose personal information about you.
- Acquisition. In the event of a merger or acquisition, your personal information may be transferred to the acquiring entity, and become subject to the acquirer's data practices.
How we store your personal data
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used, or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk.
Where we store your personal data
Where We store your personal data in Our own systems, it is stored in the UK, and where it is stored on Our servers we endeavour to ensure this is within the European Economic Area ("EEA").
We will not transfer any Protected Personal Data outside of the UK or European Economic Area unless the prior written consent of the Client has been obtained and the following conditions are fulfilled:
- the Client has provided appropriate safeguards in relation to the transfer;
- the Data Subject (individual whose personal data is collected and/or processed) has enforceable rights and effective legal remedies;
- TBPL provides an adequate level of protection to any of Protected Personal Data that is transferred; and
- TBPL complies with reasonable instructions notified to it in advance by the Client with respect to the processing of Protected Personal Data;
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
If you would like further information please contact Us. We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom OR EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
How long we keep your personal data
We will not keep Personal Data in an identifiable form for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is processed. We will maintain retention policies and procedures to ensure Personal Data is deleted after a reasonable time for the purposes for which it was being held, unless a law requires that data to be kept for a minimum time.
We will take all reasonable steps to destroy or erase from our systems all Personal Data that we no longer require in accordance with all our applicable records retention schedules and policies. This includes requiring third parties to delete that data where applicable.
We will ensure Data Subjects are informed of the period for which data is stored and how that period is determined in any applicable Privacy Notice.
Your privacy rights and choices
EEA, United Kingdom, and Switzerland Users Only:
If you are a resident of the EEA, United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have the right to understand and request how we collect, use, and disclose personal information, to the extent permitted by applicable law:
If you would like to exercise your privacy rights above, please contact us via email at email@example.com. If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your personal information, you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
For further information on the European and United Kingdom rights detailed above, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual's rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- contact us using Our Contact details below,
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us have proof of your identity and address, and,
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
How to contact us
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: +44 (0)113 232 9222
Or write to us here - The Old Stables, Springwood Gardens, Leeds, LS8 2QB, United Kingdom
This document was last updated on 16 August 2022